Our Vision & Philosophy
Asia based but operating globally, we work across all areas of the life sciences from aquaculture to therapeutics but have a special focus on agriculture and food and the innovations that support the sector’s development.
When we established Asia BioBusiness in January 2005 our aim was simple, to make a difference! Fourteen years later this has not changed. If anything though, the challenges have been even more encompassing and complex. The Millennium Development Goals have morphed into the Sustainable Development goals but still we face critical challenges – challenges that still impinge on basic human rights, especially in the right to food.
Since 2005 the intellectual capital in Asia has improved in its the capacity to generate ideas, concepts and products that can address the challenges we face. But to get to the end of the commercialization pathway is not easy. That is where we can offer assistance.
This may mean working with our clients to provide them with a better understanding of markets, capabilities, weakness and strengths. It may mean educating on the regulatory requirements that must be fulfilled or it may mean assisting the development of policies that allow freedom to operate. Increasingly, it also means developing effective communication strategies to deliver information about the product or idea, and obtaining that all important social licence.
Our global networks allow us to broker solutions across wide geographies and shorten the time for successful commercialization. We have expedited solutions through technology exchange and sharing between North-South, East-West, South-South domains.
Our aim is to work with the appropriate stakeholder(s) to ensure that products get to market.
- Asia BioBusiness is Asia-based but globally networked.
- We are headquartered in Singapore at the centre of ASEAN with easy access to further afield.
- Our network stretches into N. America, Europe, Australasia and Latin America.
- We are on the ground and not forming our opinions from 10,000 miles away.
- We have a long-term regional presence and have unparalleled relationships with, and access to senior policy / decision makers and scientists in the region.
- We understand the need for cultural sensitivity in all aspects of business.
- Integrity is at the core of business practices and we fulfil all requirements for confidentiality
For our private sector clients our projects have included: sector analysis and strategy planning, partnering, market research and analysis, regulatory advice and positioning, issue management, IP audits and idea creation for value addition etc. We also have considerable expertise at the public/private sector interface, working with public sector institutions to commercialize intellectual property.